Saturday, October 8, 2011

Thanks a Latte

My Aunt sent my mom and me some really cool supplies for us to use, and she gave me some of her sewing, quilting, and jewelry-making books that she didn't need anymore. It's also my birthday tomorrow(making today an Unbirthday!) and she sent me another beautiful birthday card-I haven't opened it yet but all of her cards are beautiful! ^w^ So in an effort to be on time for my 'thank yous' this year, I finished making a thank you card for her a few days ago.

One of the sketch challenges I'm entering is the Viva La Verve October Sketch Challenge using this sketch here. I decided to use the sketch in it's original form.


I had a very hard time on this card. The difficulty level was not hard, and I knew what I wanted to do with this sketch in a general sense; however, picking paper was not fun. Eventually I settled on some Basille cardstock, Glitz paper, and some brown polka dot paper from my stash. I used a scrap of Glitz paper on the right panel; for the left panel I cut a brown piece, a piece of Basille cardstock to fit inside, and then another brown piece of paper in a square. On the cream cardstock on the sentiment I stamped a Hero Arts polka dot stamp in Vintage Photo(Ranger Tim Holtz); daubed it in Vintage Photo; then I stamped my sentiment. On the square I used Perfect Pearls in Perfect Bronze on the edges to make it shine. I used a Spellbinders circle die cut, and on it I stamped the steam with Perfect Medium using Perfect Bronze again. For the cup I stamped the image on a separate paper in Aged Mahogany, then I popped it up using a 3D sticker.

I knew I was going to use the "Delightful & Delicious" Verve stamps all along(I always pick out my stamps first) so that wasn't a problem. I was going to use the bigger cup on the circle, but because of the stripe pattern on the right panel, the big cup showed up the best. After I was further into the making of this card, I got the idea to use Perfect Pearls in Perfect Red to make the big cup stand out against the patterned paper.

As for the tabs, I daubed them in Aged Mahogany aged inked the edges. Then I stamped 'Coffee' on them in Tuxedo Memento Ink.

I'm proud of my card. :) I think it turned out well!

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment